RESULTS READY IN 24 HOURS!
As the world experiences an unprecedented pandemic, there is an urgent need for additional laboratory testing facilities to process and test for the COVID-19 virus here in the United States. To that end, we are now offering quality laboratory testing for the Coronavirus at our facility. We hope this will help Florida residents receive the critical health information they need.
What is COVID-19?
In 2019, a new coronavirus was identified as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The disease that it causes is referred to as COVID-19.
Outline on COVID-19 Coronavirus Testing
- Test is conducted with a nasapharyngeal swab sample (NP, upper respiratory).
- Concurrent use of antibiotics does not affect results.
Are you a candidate for testing? Do you have the following symptoms?
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
Other symptoms can include:
- Body Aches
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Other risk factors that you may be a candidate for testing:
- Possible exposure through recent travel to an affected country or state or if you reside in a heavily affected community.
- Close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Older adults and those who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes could be at a higher risk for developing more serious complications from the COVID-19 virus. (Source CDC.gov)